A Jane Doe known as “Stephanie” was 17 and out to dinner with R. Kelly and two rappers, she said, when Mr. Kelly commented that he was fond of young girls and did not understand why people made such a big deal.
“Even look at Jerry Lee Lewis,” the woman said she heard Mr. Kelly remark. “He’s a genius and I’m a genius. We should be allowed to do what we want — look at what we give to the world.”
Mr. Lewis, also a famous musician, once married his 13-year-old cousin.
The woman, who testified only as Stephanie, is the third accuser to take the stand at Mr. Kelly’s trial in Brooklyn. All three women were underage when, they testified, Mr. Kelly began having sex with them.
But while the two previous accusers to testify had spoken publicly about their encounters with Mr. Kelly before, Stephanie had not, she said on Thursday.
Stephanie is now 39 years old and is one of six women whose interactions with Mr. Kelly prosecutors have used to convince jurors to convict the superstar.
Prosecutors will attempt to show that R. Kelly used his popularity along with his friends and gofers to abuse young girls.
Now listen closely ladies and gentlemen to the story “Stephanie” is about to give sensible black people. Here we go.
- During her testimony on Thursday afternoon, Stephanie said that the singer, whose real name is Robert Sylvester Kelly, preyed upon her beginning in the summer of 1999, when she was 17 and approached him to ask if her friend could audition for him.
- “He said, yeah, that he thought he could arrange that, but also he’d like to get to know me,” she said. “And also that he likes to cuddle and would I be OK with that?”
- Hoping to help her friend, she said, she agreed — and before long Mr. Kelly was having sex with her.
- “That was definitely the hardest time of my life,” she told the jury. “I had very low self-esteem. I’d already been through sexual trauma within my family, by my first boss, by men on the street. I was very vulnerable.”
- With Mr. Kelly, she said, she reached a new low.
- “I’ve never been treated like that before or since,” she said. “He humiliated me, he degraded me, he scared me. I’ll never forget the way he treated me.”
RELATED: R Kelly Was Setup For Extortion And Deceived By The Jane Does
Do not compute!!! This is what we do not comprehend. How can someone just start having sex with someone else? There were no drugs in involved. No gun pointed at her skull. And the favor was for a friend.
So Stephanie took one for her homegirl and now on the stand trying to lynch brother Kelly.
Stephanie claimed that she spent the majority of time with R. Kelly and repeatedly told him time after time that she was only 17 years but of course Mr. Kelly he did not care [she claimed].
The question is, when Stephanie kept reminding Kelly of her age didn’t she hear herself utter the same words? And that she also had the opportunity to remove herself from the situation?
If Stephanie was well aware of the inappropriateness then why stay and repeatedly visit or engage Mr. Kelly?
Stephanie recalled that Mr. Kelly had two sides: “He was very nice and charming, jovial,” she said, “Or he was very controlling, intimidating. He would raise his voice at me and could put the fear of God in me very quickly.”
She said that he was particularly controlling during sex.
“It was humiliating,” said Stephanie, who was accompanied to court on Thursday by Gloria Allred. “He would be very specific about how he would want me to be.
He would put me in positions he wanted me to be in,” she said, noting that sometimes he would direct her to get completely naked, assign her a position and then leave the room — sometimes for hours.
If he returned and she was not still in the same position, he would become angry, she said.
Mr. Kelly’s defense homed in on Stephanie’s decision to continue seeing the singer, and Nicole Blank Becker, one of Mr. Kelly’s four lawyers, noted that in Illinois the age of consent is 17.
(That Illinois law is only applicable if the age difference between partners is no more than five years; at the time, Mr. Kelly was 32.)
R. Kelly has been locked up since 2019, his entire life dragged into the public sphere and ridiculed, eaten heart clogging prison food, unnecessarily exposed to COVID-19, and beaten by a lunatic while in prison without his consent.
Who is being raped? Stephanie or our brother R. Kelly? Mind you, R. Kelly has not been found guilty of anything thus far.